Truck Driver Job in Hornell, New York : NY 14843
Looking for Truck Driver Jobs? See currently available Truck Driver job openings on truck-driver.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
truck-driver.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any truck driver job . We provide job resources for Truck Driver positions throughout the industry. truck-driver.jobs.net also provides Truck Driver jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Truck Driver by either city or state.
truck-driver.jobs.net is a truck driver job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Truck Driver jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your truck driver job search on truck-driver.jobs.net today.
Truck Driver - Blades
Truck Driver - Blades Job Description
State: New York
Postal/Zip Code: 14843
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
This position involves daily operation and driving of a tractor-trailer combination or a single, double or tri-axel vehicle. Driver will be responsible to load and unload the truck. Requires commercial drivers' license. Under direction of the Dispatcher by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel
- Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Drive trucks including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, equipment or other materials.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Examines equipment and discusses with Equipment & Delivery Manager and/or Administrative Shop Coordinator nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Moves equipment in preparation for work readiness and job time lines
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Be able to interact with vendors, plant employees, and different levels of management
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirement i.e. CDL, Class A and/or B, and if any endorsements
- Have a MVR that meets company standards
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be goal orientated and a self starter
- Be able to work independently, safely, have strong organization skills, and have a strong work ethic
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite/A.L. Blades policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position are: safety vest/clothing, safety (hard toe) shoes, and other PPE as required.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- A valid State CDL-B or CDL-A license
- Minimum of three (3) years previous related experience in construction field preferred
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred
- Understanding of Smith Driving System a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, safety and procedure manuals.
Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicator to make sure a machine is working properly.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action, E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Hornell Truck Driver Job