Truck Driver Job in Hauppauge, New York : NY 11788
Looking for Truck Driver Jobs? See currently available Truck Driver job openings on truck-driver.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
truck-driver.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any truck driver job . We provide job resources for Truck Driver positions throughout the industry. truck-driver.jobs.net also provides Truck Driver jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Truck Driver by either city or state.
truck-driver.jobs.net is a truck driver job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Truck Driver jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your truck driver job search on truck-driver.jobs.net today.
Truck Driver Job DescriptionThe Truck Driver utilizes company owned or leased trucks for the purpose of delivering material to customers. Includes preventive maintenance.
• Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations. Minimum 1 year "Route Specific" experience required.
• Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
• Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
• Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
• Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
• Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
• Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
• Present bills and receipts, and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
• Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
• Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
• Drive trucks equipped with public address systems through city streets in order to broadcast announcements for advertising or publicity purposes.
Hauppauge Truck Driver Job
Truck Driver Job RequirementsEXPERIENCE:
• 2 years min truck driving - preferred
• 1 year min driving in a route required EDUCATION:
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• CDL License required - CLASS B SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
• Vision - Near, Far, Night.
• Hearing Sensitivity -The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
• Reaction Time - The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
• Spatial Orientation - The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you.
• Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
• Response Orientation - The ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more different signals (lights, sounds, pictures). It includes the speed with which the correct response is started with the hand, foot, or other body part.
• Depth Perception - The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
• Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Working Environment:
• Driver – Work is generally performed in moving vehicle. Driving required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. physical requirements:
• Work is physically strenuous and workers are required to lift heavy packages up to 50 pounds.
• Work may require excessive bending or stooping.
• Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job.
• Employee required to climb ladders.
• Employee uses heavy machinery (e.g., forklift, etc.). mental requirements:
• Employee required to keep time for route schedule and be proactive in thought
• Employee required to problem-solve.
• Employee required to communicate with the public.
• Employee required to handle well in stressful traffic situations (urban traffic environment)